Elisa is the founder, President & CEO of Greenridge Financial Services, LLC. She leads a team of four professionals who provide financial advisory and income tax services to bankrupt and troubled companies, trustees and other constituents.
Elisa specializes in income tax consequences of large complex transactions, litigation support, tax free reorganizations, tax implications of debt modifications, tax attribute planning and preservation, and general restructuring. She is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy tax issues.
Elisa began her career in public accounting, practicing for 14 years in the tax and consulting groups at KPMG. She transitioned to Mesirow Financial Consulting in 2004, where she served as Managing Director. There she was a recognized expert in tax-free reorganizations, subsidiary basis calculations, excess loss accounts, tax attribute preservation, cancellation of indebtedness income and related attribute reductions, post confirmation entity planning and execution, such as liquidating trusts, tort trusts and litigation trusts. Her clients’ industries include energy, pharmaceuticals, retail, airline, mortgage services, gaming, manufacturing, professional services, printing, and manufacturing.
Managing Director on the work streams on some of the most complex transactions in recent history, including but not limited to:
- ResCap Examiner Report
- Caesars Entertainment Operating Company investigations
- New England Compounding Pharmacy and Energy Future Holdings
- Co-chair of the ABI Northeast Conference
Education, Certifications & Credentials
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester, Vermont
- Certified Public Accountant, Massachusetts (CPA)
- Certified Insolvency and Reorganization Advisor (CIRA)
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 Licenses (currently “parked”)
Memberships & Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Northeast Advisory Board member, Co-Chair of the Northeast Regional Conference, 2015 and 2016, member Financial Advisors, Fundraising and Social Committees.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Courageous Sailing for Youth, Treasurer.
Publications & Presentations
- Co-chair of ABI Northeast conference. July 2016
- Speaker at NABT conference. April 2016
- AICPA chapter on bankruptcy tax issues. Pending
- Speaker on Tax Issues panel at National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees annual meeting. April 2016
- Co-chair of ABI Northeast conference. July 2015
- ABI Northeast – panel moderator – Chapter 11 case study on the Planet Fitness case. July 2013
- Boston Bar Association – panel participant, Bankruptcy/IWIRC Career Development Panel. March 2010
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education – panel participant – bankruptcy taxation. March 2009
- ABI Northeast – panel participant – income taxes. July 2007